PHP : MySQL Database
What is MySQL?
MySQL is the most popular Relational Database Management System. It is open-source and free to use. It is developed and supported by Oracle Corporation.
Many of the world’s largest and fastest-growing organizations including Facebook, Google, Adobe, Twitter and YouTube use MySQL for their high-volume Web sites or software.
Features of MySQL
- MySQL is widely used DBMS for developing web-based applications.
- MySQL is cross platform and works with many operating systems.
- MySQL works with many programming languages including PHP, PERL, C, C++, and JAVA.
- MySQL is very fast and works well even with large data applications.
- PHP and MySQL is considered the best combination for web development.
PHP and MySQL:
PHP and MySQL is widely used together to create web applications. Today, there are various PHP CMS and Frameworks in market that use MySQL database such as WordPress, TYPO3, MODx, Joomla, phpBB, and Drupal.
In next chapters, we will learn how PHP works with MySQL.