SEO – Introduction
What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website in a search engine’s natural result listing.
What is Search Engine:
Search Engine is an online program or software that helps users to search for information on World Wide Web. Examples of Search Engine include Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Important things about SEO:
- The full form of SEO is: Search Engine Optimization
- SEO is all about following different techniques and strategies to obtain high ranking for your website in search results. Therefore, SEO helps you increase the number of visitors to your website.
- Search Engine results are often called “natural” or “organic” results.
- While searching online, 70-80% of users ignore the paid advertisements and focus on organic results.
- The top 5 results get 75% of the clicks on Google. Therefore, A good SEO of your website can get you many more customers.
Search Engine Marketing:
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is the process of getting more traffic to your website, either by SEO (Free Traffic) or Paid Advertisement (such as PPC) on search engines.
Social Media Marketing:
Social media marketing refers to the process of getting more traffic or visitors through social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.
Internet Marketing utilizes all available resources on the internet for marketing. In addition to SEM, it includes Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing and Mobile Marketing.
Digital marketing is a component of marketing that promotes product and services by using Internet technologies and other digital channels such as SMS, TV and Radios.
Digital Marketing includes Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Mobile marketing (using Apps), Email marketing, and any other paid Online Marketing Channels.
|Exercises & Assignments|
|No Content Found.|
|Interview Questions & Answers|
|No Content Found.|