SEO – Keywords Research & Planning Tools
Keyword Research & Planning is the process of analysing popular words and sentences that people use to find your site or content on the internet.
When we make a website, we focus on what we want to provide for users. Often we skip analysing what people are looking for and what keywords they use on the search engine. This is the primary reason why most businesses and startups fail to get traffic on their website.
Keyword research is an important practice for SEO & Digital Marketing to shortlist useful keywords so that you can focus on the right content on the website.
Benefits of Keyword Research & Planning:
- If you have so many keywords in your mind, it will help you to shortlist which have higher average monthly search.
- Once you have popular keywords, you can focus on them when writing content.
- You can feature your products and services on the homepage that are more popular in search engines.
- As we have limited SEO title & description length, Keyword research will help us to choose the best keywords.
- Without keyword analysing, most online marketing campaigns do not target an accurate audience, therefore fail.
- Keyword Research provides an estimate about what your target keyword costs
- This research shows if short or long-tail keywords will work best for our website. For example, you can get an idea about certain frequently asked questions related to your business or product.
- Keyword research can also help in identifying competition online.
- You can even find keyword popularity based on locations or countries.
Keyword Research & Planning Tools
There are many online tools available that help us to research and plan keywords. These tools provide average traffic for keywords and suggest keyword ideas from Google, Amazon, YouTube, Bing, Yahoo, and other social networks.
Popular Keyword Research Tools:
- Google Keyword Planner (Free) – Discover keyword ideas or See average search volume for keywords
- Keyword Tool – Find Keywords, Analyze Competitors, and Check Search Volume
- Wordtracker keyword research – Find new keywords for your market
- Moz Keyword Explorer – Research over 500 million traffic-driving keywords.
- Ahrefs Keywords Explorer – Discover thousands of great keyword ideas, analyze their ranking
- SEMRush Keyword Research – Keyword Research
- Google Trends – Explore trending terms or topics
Some tools like Google Keyword Planner get most of their data from their own database while some like Ahrefs Keywords Explorer get their data from third-party databases. Most of these tools provide free access with limited features or trail plans.
We recommend using Google Keyword Planner which you can access using your Gmail account. You can see average monthly search data for your keyword as well as Keyword Suggestion using Discover keyword ideas (See screenshot below).
How to Use Google Keyword Planner tool free:
If you are a beginners, you may find it difficult to access Google Keyword Planner without Adwords campaign. Here are the steps:
- Login into Adwords https://ads.google.com/ using Gmail account.
- Click on “Switch to expert mode” if you are login for the first time.
- Click on “Create an account without a campaign” link.
- Proceed on Next Steps and click on “Tools & Settings” > Planning > Keyword Planner
- Click on “Discover new keywords” for keyword suggestions.
- Now you can enter keywords with commas, and change location if want.
- Enter and check average monthly searches to do “Keyword Research & Analysis”.
- All of these steps are quickly covered in following animated picture.
|Exercises & Assignments|
|No Content Found.|
|Interview Questions & Answers|
|No Content Found.|