SEO – Page Structure Optimization
In this tutorial, we are going to learn about webpage structure optimisation. There are so many areas of a website that needs to be optimized for better SEO. We need to take care of basic website page structure and tags.
First of all, we need to provide
<body> tags to ensure proper website Page Structure Optimization. Here are some tips to optimize a webpage for SEO.
SEO Page Structure Optimization Tips:
- Each HTML tag must be closed. If it is singular tag
<img>it should self-enclosed like this:
- The order of tags should be proper. Most of the time recently opened tag will be closed first.
- We have to use doctype always in starting of the HTML program.
- Avoid deprecated tags.
Example of SEO Optimized page:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>This is the page title</title> </head> <body style="background-color:green;"> <h1>This is a heading tag</h1> <p>This is an paragraph<br/>This is second line of paragraph </p> <div>This is a div tag<p>This is second paragraph.</p> </div> </body> </html>
Example of SEO Non-Optimized page:
<html> <head> <title>This is the page title</title> </head> <body bgcolor=green> <h1>This is a heading tag</h1> <p>This is an paragraph<br>This is second line of paragraph </p> <div>This is a div tag<p>This is second paragraph.</div> </p> </body> </html>
As you have seen this HTML Program, there are few things that have to be optimized for getting better SEO.
- Inline 5, As you can see the background color given using a deprecated attribute.
- Inline 7, In the paragraph tag line break tag
<br>should self closed such as
- In line 8, The order of paragraph <p> and <div> tag is not proper.
Additional best practices for SEO Page:
You should include the following elements in HTML Page for SEO Page optimization:
- TITLE Tag
- Meta-description Tag
- Heading Tags
- Image Tags with the ALT attribute
- Links with title attribute
|Exercises & Assignments|
|No Content Found.|
|Interview Questions & Answers|
|No Content Found.|