SEO – Tools
These SEO Tools help you to check whether you are in the right direction or not. Most of these tools are free with limited features and you can easily use them for your website or business.
SEO Testing Tools:
To optimize your website for SEO, you need to follow certain guidelines. These guidelines are related to website meta title, description, content, images, links, sitemap, robots, and many other factors.
There are many online SEO testing tools that can help you to analyse your website quickly. These tools not only check for On-Page SEO but also check Off-Page SEO. Based on various factors, these tools show your website score or grade along with a list of recommendations to improve your SEO.
- SEO Tester Online: Powerful & SEO Analysis Online for your website
- SEO Site Checkup: Analyze and Monitor your SEO
- WooRank: Review your website SEO for free
- SEO Analyzer: Free online SEO Checker by Neil Patel
In the next section, we will check tools which are designed to test specific features about websites.
Keywords Research Tools:
Mostly, Search Engine Optimisation starts with Keyword Research. Here, Keyword refers to the search terms that visitors use in Search Engines. An SEO professional should know the most important keywords about his website.
Using Keyword Research tools you can check how people search for your products or services on the internet. Based on that you can optimize your website content, business products and even your promotions.
Here is the list of Keyword Research Tools:
- Google keyword planner: This helps you to find relevant keywords for your business. This tool is available in Google Adwords.
- Keyword Tool – Find Keywords, Analyze Competitors, and Check Search Volume
- Wordtracker keyword research – Find new keywords for your market
- Moz Keyword Explorer – Research over 500 million traffic-driving keywords.
You can read more in Keyword Research Planning Tools tutorial.
Website Rank Checker:
You can track your website position or rank based on various factors. Here are few popular tools to check how popular your website is:
- Alexa – Alexa rank is a measure of website popularity based on the site’s estimated traffic and user engagement. It ranks millions of websites in the order of popularity. The most popular site has an Alexa Rank of 1.
- Domain Authority (DA) – Domain Authority (DA) is a search engine ranking score from 1 to 100 based on various factors. This is developed by Moz.
Website Traffic Analytic tools
It is important to know about your website traffic and customers behaviour to target them properly. You can easily analyze your website audience using the following tools.
- Google Search Console: Track your website performance with Google Search Console (earlier known as Google webmaster tools). This tool shows your website Clicks, Impressions, CTR, Position for the selected duration.
- Google Analytics: Measure details analytics of your website and know about your visitor behaviour.
- Facebook Pixel: Measure your customer actions on the website as well as Facebook.
- WordPress Jetpack: Along with other feature, it also shows Site Stats for WordPress website visitors
- Google Trends: This provides a list of most popular searching terms in the world.
Plagiarism Checker (Duplicate content check):
You must have heard that “Content is the King” for websites. This means that your website content should be of high quality, original and useful for users.
User retention (Same users visit your website again and again) is an important factor to rank higher in Search Engines. There are tools available to check if your website has original content or not. Here are some of the best tools for the Duplicate Content Checking:
- Duplicate content checker – Check duplicate content on a website with this tool offered by SEO Review Tools.
- Copyscape – Another tool to check Plagiarism along with alerts.
- Siteliner – Find Duplicate Content, broken links and other features.
Grammar and Spelling check:
You need to make sure that your content does not have spelling mistakes. It should be grammatically correct with good vocabulary. If your website content is targeted for beginners, make sure it is easy to read. This is another important factor to retain your users.
Here is the list of tools to check your content quality:
- Grammarly – Grammarly is one of the popular tools to make their online writing clear and effective. You can test content readability, spelling check, and grammar for free. For more features, you need to buy a premium plan. You can install the browser extension and desktop software as well.
- Webfx Readability Tool: This tool offers readability score by website URL or directly using content.
- Readable – Quickly test the readability, spelling and grammar of your text.
- Google Docs or MS Word – Today, most of the popular content editors come with a built-in grammar checker. You can simply paste your content to verify if any mistake.
Website Speed Testing Tools
Website loading Speed is another essential factor for users and search engines. Many users do not like and leave a website if it takes a lot of time. If you are running an e-commerce website, your business may lose many customers because of slow websites.
Therefore, most experts recommend keeping your website loading time under 3 seconds. Here are some tools to check your website loading time.
Also check, Time to First Byte (TTFB) for your website. It helps us to identify if Dynamic content (database queries) or Hosting server is taking a long time to serve the web browser request.
It is important to get a high number of backlinks (especially with do-follow), for off-page SEO. This mainly depends on how many websites refer to your content by linking to different website pages.
One can easily check the backlinks counts using different online tools.
- Neil Patel – Backlinks
- The Hoth – Backlinks Checker
- Ahrefs Backlink Checker
- Small SEO Tools
- SEO Review Tools
Content Marketing & Scheduling:
Social Media Marketing teams can save a lot of time by planning and scheduling content on different platforms at once. There are many Social Media Management tools available to help you with this.
Facebook (Publishing Tool) and Twitter (TwitterDeck) has its own tool as well where you can schedule your posts for free. Most of the other tools only provide limited features for free and you need to purchase some plan. However, you can use Free Trial to test if these tools are useful for your business.
- Buffer – Publish and Schedule your content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn, all from one simple dashboard.
- Hootsuite – Easily manage all your social media such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter etc
- TweetDeck – Manage multiple Twitter accounts, and schedule Tweets by Twitter’s TweetDeck free
- SocialOomph – Boost your productivity with advanced post scheduling tools on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit etc
- SocialBee – All-In-One Social Media Management Platform such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn etc.
Local SEO Tools:
- Google Business – Submit and Manage your business places on Google.
- Bing Places for Business: Add and Manage your business to Bing
Structure Data Tools:
Structured Data or Schema is a powerful code format that Search Engines can easily understand. This is used to boost content for Events, Products, FAQs, Review and other types.
- Structured Data Testing Tool: Validate your structured data by providing URL or Content by Google.
- Structure Data or Schema Markup Types – Official hierarchy of Schema ‘types’ with examples
- Schema Markup Generator – Structured data generator to create JSON-LD markups with properties.
- Rich Result Testing Tools – Rich result (with Structured data) Testing tool by Google.
If you are frequently analysing websites for On-Page and Off-Page SEO, some browser extension can save a lot of time. By using them, you do not need to open different tools to submit your website URL. Most of the SEO information is available on a single click on the browser extension icon.
- MozBar (Chrome & Other browsers) – SEO Extensions by Moz for On-Page SEO, Ranking Metrics & other analysis.
- Mangools SEO Extension (Chrome & Firefox) – Good to check On-page SEO, SEO metrics by Moz/Majestic, and Backlinks.
- SEO Minion (Chrome & Firefox): Good to analyze On-Page SEO, and Broken Link Checker.
In this section, we will not talk about tools but some useful portals. There are many quality websites where you can post articles or join a discussion forum to enhance Offpage SEO for your website.
- Reddit – Popular Social news platform where users can discuss various topics
- Quora – Q&A site where anyone can ask a question and post answer
- Medium – Blogging platform to post/read articles
- Blogspot – Blogging website by Google
- WordPress – The most popular Content Management System or Blogging Tool in the World
- Wix – Free Website builder
Social Media Platforms:
- Facebook – The most popular social networking website
- Twitter – microblogging and social networking service
- LinkedIn – Popular online platform that connects the world’s professionals
- YouTube – The most popular video-sharing service
- Instagram – Social media platform where users can share photos and short videos
- Pinterest – Great tool to find ideas like recipes, home and style inspiration in the form of pins or bookmark
- Mix – Social Media platform to share interests and passions
These are the Top SEO related tools which users can use for their business or website. If you think we are missing any popular tools, drop us a message on Facebook.
|Exercises & Assignments|
|No Content Found.|
|Interview Questions & Answers|
|No Content Found.|