WordPress Top Plugins List
There are more than 50,000 plugins available in WordPress official plugin directory. You can also found thousands of plugins on third party websites. Then, how can you choose the best plugin for your website?
While most plugins enhance WordPress website, some bad quality plugins can degrade the website performance. Some plugins are poorly coded which can break your website or make your website insecure. Therefore, you need to check the rating and review of plugins before installing.
It is safe to use the most rated and (actively) downloaded instead of a new or badly rated plugin. Here, we will provide a list of top-rated and popular plugins from different categories.
Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.
- Download Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/
- Documentation: https://contactform7.com/docs/
Contact Form by WPForms
WPForms allows you to create beautiful contact forms, feedback form, subscription forms, payment forms, and other types of forms for your site in minutes, not hours!
All In One WP Security
A comprehensive, user-friendly, all in one WordPress security and firewall plugin for your site. It reduces security risk by checking for vulnerabilities, and by implementing and enforcing the latest recommended WordPress security practices and techniques.
- Download Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/
- Documentation: https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wordpress-security-and-firewall-plugin
iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security) gives you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site. On average, 30,000 new websites are hacked each day. WordPress sites can be an easy target for attacks because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords and obsolete software.
- Download Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-wp-security/
- Documentation: https://ithemes.com/tutorials/getting-started-ithemes-security-part-1/
NextGEN Gallery (WordPress Gallery Plugin)
NextGEN Gallery has been the industry’s standard WordPress gallery plugin since 2007 and continues to receive over 1.5 million new downloads per year. It’s easy for simple photo galleries, but powerful enough for the most demanding photographers, visual artists, and imaging professionals.
- Download Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/nextgen-gallery/
- Documentation: https://www.imagely.com/docs/nextgen-gallery/
Need some help with your search engine optimization? Need an SEO plugin that helps you reach for the stars? Yoast SEO is the original WordPress SEO plugin since 2008. It is the favourite tool of millions of users, ranging from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet. With Yoast SEO, you get a solid toolset that helps you aim for that number one spot in the search results. Yoast: SEO for everyone.
WP Super Cache
This plugin generates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After an HTML file is generated your web server will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
- Download Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/
- Documentation: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/
Autoptimize can aggregate, minify and cache scripts and styles, injects CSS in the page head by default but can also inline critical CSS and defer the aggregated full CSS, moves and defers scripts to the footer and minifies HTML.
- Download Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/
- Documentation: https://wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/#faq
Shortcodes Ultimate is a comprehensive collection of various visual and functional elements, which you can use in the post editor, text widgets or even in template files. Using Shortcodes Ultimate you can easily create tabs, buttons, boxes, sliders and carousels, responsive videos and much, much more.
- Download Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/
- Documentation: https://docs.getshortcodes.com/
Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd
Create a simple Coming Soon Page or Maintenance Mode Page. Work on your site in private while visitors see a “Coming Soon” or “Maintenance Mode” page.
- Download Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/coming-soon/
TablePress allows you to easily create and manage beautiful tables. You can embed the tables into posts, pages, or text widgets with a simple Shortcode. Table data can be edited in a speadsheet-like interface, so no coding is necessary. Tables can contain any type of data, even formulas that will be evaluated.
- Download Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tablepress/
- Documentation: https://tablepress.org/documentation/
Here are some of the other popular plugins:
- Akismet Anti-Spam (Spam Prevention)
- Jetpack by WordPress.com (Security, performance, and site management)
- WooCommerce (WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.)
- Elementor Website Builder (Most popular WordPress website builder)
- BuddyPress (Social network)
- UpdraftPlus (WordPress Backup Plugin)
- https://plugintests.com/ – Find out if a plugin works with the latest version of WordPress and how it impact website performance.
- For more plugins, you can visit https://wordpress.org/plugins/
|Exercises & Assignments|
|No Content Found.|
|Interview Questions & Answers|
|No Content Found.|